Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sorry.. uber busy.


Long time no blogging. I have been so busy with school and so much on my plate but now exams are over and I am on holidays posts everyday! With Pics!

Last weekend:
We went competing and boy was it cold. Freezing actually. And gale force winds, icy rain. Not pleasant. Rion was a star in the first class, we had just one rail down due to pilot error. He had a little looksy at a liver pool and silly pilot wasn't there with her legs early enough and he knocked it. But he was a star for me the rest of the way round. It was about 1.10m/3'4+.

When I got on before the second class he was being an absolute trouble. Backing up, spinning, sidestepping, rearing, backing into people ("very rude Rion"). He was still playing up in the warm up and in the ring we had three down. Took him back to the stables and found he had a sore back. Gave him some Bute (anti-inflammatory) and waited to see how he was in the morning. No better so we packed up and came home.

This morning he had a nice massage. And oh boy did he like it! Falling asleep, licking his lips.. He was very tight all over but is much better now after his massage. We are having the saddle fitter come out on Saturday to find out whether the saddle caused his back problems. I'm only allowed to lunge him for now just to let him stretch out and I'll play some games with him tomorrow as well. I hope mum will take some pics =]

Here is the video of Rion from the weekend in the first class.

No comments:

Post a Comment